Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Animator

I am Ceri Watling, the other half of the team making Walter Gloom. I'm the person who takes all James' ideas, storyboards and drawings and turns them into stop-motion animation. I've just come back from London where James and I finally met up after weeks of discussing the film by email.

I'm 27 and I live in Bolton, near Manchester and I've been making stop-motion animations for just over a year. I discovered my calling in life a little late after many years of being rather lost. One day I hope to make my living producing independent animations, but for now I spend most of my time in my spare-bedroom/studio making animations just for the love of it.

My plan for this short film is to try to bring James' vision for Walter Gloom to life exactly as he has imagined, and challenge myself by making a film very different to the ones I usually make.

This blog will show our progress in making this film, and also provide a place for James and I to exchange ideas and pictures. Hope you all enjoy watching our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment